Most everyone has one and they are like an appendage to our bodies, with us everywhere we go. But are they truly safe?
Two scientists told the U.S. House Subcommittee on Domestic Policy that the use of cell phones may raise the risk of brain cancer. The concern came from Dr. Ronald Herberman, director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, and Dr. David Carpenter, director of the Institute for Health and the Environment at the University of Albany.
The two scientists cited a major study recently presented by Dr. Lennart Hardell of Örebro University in Sweden, which stated that people using cell phones doubled their risk of developing brain cancer and acoustic neuromas, a tumor that damages the hearing nerve.
The study also showed that people who started using a cell phone before the age of 20 years were more than five times as likely to develop brain cancer. The European Parliament recently voted 522 to 16 to urge ministers across Europe to impose stricter limits for exposure to radiation from mobile and cordless phones, wi-fi, and other radiation-generating devices — in part because children are particularly vulnerable to the risk.
That’s not all. Cell phones have been shown to disrupt sleep, harm DNA, damage blood cells and nerve cells, cause fatigue, eye damage, and headaches.
What’s Going On?
In the tiny little print on your cell phone directions that you receive when you buy a new phone, they give you the warning to keep the phone 1” from your body and limit your time on the phone. Why is that?
The FCC developed specific absorption rates (SAR) that set “safe” exposure limits for the radiation emitted from cellphones. The maximum, determined by lab testing 20 years ago based on a 200-pound man, was determined to be 1.6 watts per kilogram.
It’s important to understand that the SAR information is virtually useless, as it seeks to measure thermal (heat) damage, and that is not the source of the pathology. It is the damage to your mitochondria from peroxynitrite and other factors that is the problem.
There are two general categories of radiation, natural or “native”, like the sun, and non-native or artificial. Wireless phones, cell phones, cell phone towers, modem’s and wi-fi routers all emit non-native radiation.
This means they have enough non-native energy to cause the production of reactive nitrogen species like peroxynitrite that remove an electron and damage the DNA inside your mitochondria and the nucleus of your cells. Increased peroxynitrite generation has also been associated with increased levels of systemic inflammation by triggering cytokine storms, autonomic hormonal dysfunction and, of course, most importantly, mitochondrial dysfunction.
Dr. Jonathan Samet, a pulmonary physician, and epidemiologist at the University of Southern California, supervised the report from the World Health Organization’s (WHO) International Agency for Research on Cancer that classified cellphones as possibly carcinogenic to humans (class 2B). He comments:
“Pretty soon, the whole world’s population will be exposed to radiation from devices from an early age. It’s something that should be taken very seriously, and we should be doing our best to understand if there’s any risk.”
What Can You Do?
This damage does not happen in just a few months or even years. In research studies with animals, it can take 9 hours a day of exposure for two years to see cancer grow. Think 9 hours is a long time? Children in the U.K. spend four hours or more each day on their mobile phones, with that number increasing over school breaks by up to two hours a day. American students spend close to double that time, with teens using media nine hours a day and college students up to 10 hours each day.
- Keep the phone away from your head – put it on speakerphone and stand at least a couple of feet away, use EMF blocking earphones, or use a selfie stick.
- Avoid carrying it on your body – don’t put the phone in your pocket or bra. Carry the phone in your purse (easy for ladies!) and guys, science has shown higher rates of infertility when cell phones are carried in your front pocket so choose the back pocket.
- Avoid keeping your phone’s, computers, TV’s and tablets in your bedroom – this one is challenging since many people watch TV in bed. Unplug your TV when done, or get a timer on your modem to shut it off at your typical “sleep” time.
- Set phone in Airplane mode – do this at night especially, or remove it from your bedroom. Even during the day, if you are going to be working, put it on airplane mode and occasionally check for messages. You’ll be amazed at how much you get done with no interruptions!
- Get an EMF meter – this is interesting to do around your house. If you have a “smart water meter” on your house, and it’s near your bedroom, you will want to test for EMFs. Lloyd Burrel is an expert on EMF’s and this is a good article on the best meter Which is the Best EMF Meter?
- Grounding or “Earthing” – get outside bare-foot once a day for 20 minutes. Researchers conducted a study measuring voltage in multiple areas of the body in people while they were grounded and ungrounded. The grounding resulted in significant reductions in voltage in the body. The study confirms the “umbrella” effect of earthing, according to Nobel Prize winner Richard Feynman in his lectures on electromagnetism. You can also buy “grounding mats” to put your feet on while you work at your computer (that’s what I do!) This is where I got mine Earthing Mat
- Grab my Tips for Protecting Your Home and Family Here
The Canary in the Coal Mine
More and more people are realizing that they are “electro-magnetic sensitive. In fact the World Health Organization has a classification of electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) and there are now ICD codes for diagnosis. The WHO does not use the term “Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity.” Rather they call it, “idiopathic environmental intolerance (IEI) attributed to electromagnetic fields (EMF).” Non-the-less, it’s now recognized worldwide that more and more people are getting sick from exposure to EMFs.
The canaries, with higher oxygen requirements than others birds (and humans), were used by miners in the early 1900s to give them warning of decreased oxygen levels in the mines. When a canary stopped singing and, most significantly fell off its perch, it served as a warning to the miners to leave the mine at once to avoid potential asphyxiation or carbon monoxide poisoning. We might want to pay attention to the increasing number of people who are developing electromagnetic sensitivity and the increase in brain tumors, especially among young children.
And now because of the rapidly growing spread of 5G infrastructures around the planet, a new label is being given to those suffering consequences of exposure, called ‘5G Syndrome’ and ‘5G Flu,’ the differences demarcated in the following way:
“In general, 5G Flu is more of an acute illness whereas 5G Syndrome is a long-term, chronic disease. They mutually support and feed off each other which is what makes them so dangerous and increasingly fatal. A person who has 5G Syndrome is much more susceptible to contracting 5G Flu. And, a person with 5G Flu is a good candidate for developing 5G Syndrome.”
The industry admits to zero safety testing but still has unleashed this technology on (in many cases) an unsuspecting public, making us the guinea pigs. This is why 5G is being called a massive illegal biological experiment and must be halted.
This is an excellent article and videos, and a real “eye-opener” on the dangers of 5G. Canary Warnings about 5G
For your long-term health and the health of your family, start working on reducing your exposure to your cell phone, computer, iPads, and “smart devices.” Pay attention if you start to develop “symptoms” of a Dis-ease, do research on the number of new cases and where those people live. Do they live in densely populated areas where 5G is being installed? Educate yourself, don’t be the canary in the coal mine!
- How Cellphones Can Cause Brain Tumors and Trigger Chronic Disease, May 23, 2017, Mercola, Joseph M.D.
- Which is the Best EMF Meter?, September 4, 2019, Burrell, Lloyd, https://www.electricsense.com/best-emf-meter-my-review/
- Electromagnetic Radiation: Are EMFs Really a Risk?, February 8, 2018, Oliver, Kyra, https://draxe.com/health/electromagnetic-radiation/